Traditional Spanish Bed & Breakfast
Atlas Tour Member to host and guide
Camino Shell and Passport
Lots of Pre-Tour Information to Enhance your Camino
Airport Transfer abroad
The Camino de Santiago, also known by a variety of English names including: The Camino Way and St. James’s Way, is the name of any of the pilgrimages to the shrine of the Apostle St. James the Great in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in north-western Spain.
This was my first Camino which I walked in October 2015; something totally new to me and I was quite scared to walk alone. However, I found it is an amazing walk meeting people from all over the world and perfect for taking time out to simply give myself some ‘head space’. Following on I was asked to take some members of a walking group I attended and hey ho 14 of us walked this route having a great time with fun and of course making new friends and ‘family’ within the group and the pilgrims walking the same way; heading to Santiago. A whole host of walkers following the yellow arrow whilst enjoying the journey of life and of course ‘The Way’. I decided then I needed to research more of the Camino and have undertaken several routes but still love taking guests along this infamous Way.
The walk starts at Sarria 100 kilometres to Santiago and we walk along the Camino Way staying in various villages along the route. Mileage is approximately 20 kilometres per day with mixed terrain and medium ascent/descent. It is fairly easy underfoot.
The last day offers a lighter day of walking if you wish to attend mass in Santiago.
All accommodation is pre-booked and mainly 2 star quality but always a high standard as the Spanish are very proud of their Camino.
This tour is perfect for your first Camino and although quite busy is a very fun, friendly route and offers a great opportunity to get to know so many pilgrims from all over the world. Be warned though you will become a Camino addict!
Cost of Tour £519*
What is included within the Tour:-
- Pre-departure information, Camino Shell and Camino Passport
- 7 Nights Hotel Accommodation with Bed and Breakfast
- Luggage Transfers along the Way maximum weight, 10 kg
- Airport transfer to Sarria and back from Santiago
- Escorted by an Atlas host and guide throughout the walk
What isn´t included:
- Airfare to and from Santiago. (Cheapest way to start the route and you only see the airport).
- Lunch, Dinner and refreshments along the Way
- Traveller’s insurance or trip cancellation insurance
- Optional Day trip to Finisterre by local bus (35 Euros approx)
- *Single supplement £20 per night £140